We are seeking a Social Media Intern to serve as an integral part of our social media team in Cairo for 2014 (January through june).
Day-to-day responsibilities include: assisting the Social Media Manager with the management of our social communities (primarily Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, instagram), compiling/maintaining a pulse on the current trends within the social media space, and leveraging key learnings to assist in constructing cross-channel content calendars.
- Assist the Social Media Manager with the cross-channel content calendar that aligns and supports the overall communication strategy across marketing, editorial, and sales teams
- Maintain a list of key trends/dates/industry news within the tsocial media to fuel content
- Reactively respond and engage in conversations with our members across our social channels
- Collaborate with the Social Media Manager on brainstorming new ideas/innovations that ladder back to the overall strategy/KPIs
Qualifications and Experience
- Currently attending an undergraduate or graduate level institution.
- Understanding of the digital and social media space, with a deep understanding of Facebook, youtube and Twitter platforms
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strategic thinker and self-starter, specifically in identifying innovative partnership opportunities with our social media platforms
- Strong execution skills, both cross-team and with third parties
- Ability to communicate effectively with the team and thrive in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to perform customary physical duties and meet appropriate social expectations of a professional office environment.